SeSaM-Biotech is a fee-for-service provider of Directed Evolution, also known as Protein Engineering. Each project is designed be designed individually to suit the needs of our customers and described in a detailed quote comprising 10-15 pages. Mutations for our enzyme services are generated through SeSaM technology (random mutagenesis), OmniChange (focused mutagenesis) and guided by rational design based on computational simulations and analysis of the crystal structure or homology model of the enzyme.
Our enzyme services include:
- Consultation to find the best strategy to evolve the enzyme (random, rational, or combined approach)
- Cloning & expression using our proprietary cloning technology and production strains
- Sophisticated high throughput screening assay development for desired enzymatic reactions and their application
- Design, generation and screening of the enzyme libraries
- Production of best performing enzyme variants and shipment of samples for rapid internal testing at the customer’s facilities
Milestones and regular reports provide full control and transparency over the progress of each Directed Evolution project. We claim to be as flexible as R&D projects allow. And most importantly: Our standard business model ensures that our client retains full IP ownership of the evolved variants!
Our track-record comprises successful Directed Evolution projects with amylases amylases, cellulases, esterases, glucanases, glucose oxidases, laccases, lipases, monooxygenases, phytases, polymerases, proteases, sortases and xylanases. We are always happy to expand our enzyme evolution portfolio.